Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gashog's Model A Coupe Build - SendMeRSS

Traditional AV8 build: Henry Ford stocker to 50's style highboy. I've wanted to build a hot rod since I was a kid but kept telling myself that I needed to learn my way around a car before I tried to build one. After 30+ years of restoration, it seemed like it finally might be time :) The coupe was a bone stock 15 footer I picked up for $6500. The only rule was no "hot wrench" so I had no plans to chop or channel the body or Z the frame. Waxing poetic as a car collector, at 75+ years old, the Model A has outlived a couple owners and has already been through 3 or 4 restorations. I felt obliged as the car's current custodian not to do anything that can't be undone by the next owner. Being my first custom, the car is a pretty traditional AV8 highboy; rear fenders but no engine cowling or running boards with motorcycle fenders up front, original Model A frame with 1932 wishbone and K member, flathead V8 with Edelbrock heads, dual Holley 94's, Isky cam, chrome headers, rear exhaust with capped side pipes, 1939 3- speed, original A banjo rear with torque tube driveshaft, reverse eye leaf springs front and back, F250 Bendix style hydraulic brakes & tube shocks upfront and late 40's Ford Lockheed hydraulic brakes & stock lever shocks in the back, mild drop mid 30's axles and spindles, stock A steering box, and Buick aluminum fin drums and big chrome steelie wheels.

Author: WitchyRomantic
Keywords: Model coupe traditional hot rod hotrod Ford flathead AV8 HAMB
Added: May 17, 2008

Link - Download - Email - Sat, 17 May 2008 05:57:31 GMT - Feed (1 subs)

Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from YouTube Tag // Buick Cars.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

No comments: